Follow Friday: Leslie Durso6.15.12
You know those girls who just have that “IT” factor? Get ready to meet one. Representing the young chic vegan movement, this eco tastemaker is not only a fabulous chef, but she’s an animal activist, philanthropist and style maven. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Veggie Dreamgirl, Leslie Durso.
Leslie’s Lust List: Reusable Tote & Produce Bag // Kris Nations State Pendant Necklace // Stella McCartney Dress // Melissa Shoes // Gucci Bamboo Shades // Farmer’s Market Basket // Baclong Planter // And Pillow // Indoor Awesomeness // Growbottle Planters
You should definitely check out the full interview below, this girl is a-m-a-z-i-n-g:
What are 3 things you have been up to lately?
Shooting monthly cooking and lifestyle videos for Dasani Water ECOmmunity panel…where I’ve just been name an ‘Eco-Tastemaker’ for Food. http://www.facebook.com/
Just wrapped up catering a vintage-themed ‘First Birthday’ party for a dear friend’s son which was featured on People.com http://celebritybabies.people.
Producing a Vegan Italian cookbook though I’m flip-flopping on the ‘Hard Copy vs. E-book’ issue…thinking all-digital though.
- What is your idea of happiness?
A house full of people I love
- Favorite food/drink?
Right now I’m obsessed with Summer produce! Especially tomatoes, corn, and avocado! So bright, so fresh…Here’s a salad I made with all of them: http://lesliedurso.com/2012/
And for drink, my homemade mint-lemonade – courtesy of my parent’s lemon tree – and I am loving a pitcher full of of organic mojitos made with Veev acai vodka with friends on a warm eve
- What is your motto?
Smile and the world will smile with you
- What do you consider to be the greatest invention?
the airplane. I looove to travel and I can’t imagine a time when it wasn’t as accessible.
- What do you love most about cooking? The thing I love most about cooking is sharing the love. Food is life, food is love… and when you are able to give that to someone else, it’s pretty special.
- If you had one wish, what would it be?
That all the children in the world would be healthy and happy!
- What is your favorite item in your kitchen?
My Kitchenaid mixer. I make everything in it!
- What is one item that every woman must have in her kitchen? (maybe give a link to where we can find this item?)
A really good ‘evoo’ olive oil! I prefer Italian of course. I use it for EVERYTHING… from salads to moisturizing my hands.
- Favorite Store?
Anthropologie – perfect blend of hippie chick and June Cleaver
- Reading any books at the moment? Seen any great movies? Favorite TV Shows?No time for movies… I wish! But I’m dying to see The Great Gatsby. As for TV, it’s all about Mad Men for me. Reading Twitter more than books these days, but, hey, summer is here! Any good suggestions?
- What is your favorite word of the moment?
- What is your favorite color of the moment? (or color-combo)
Aqua and Lemon …even love the sound of it!
- What are 3 things you have in your purse at all times?
Aveda lip gloss, my smart phone and some Hail Merry trail mix (nothing worse than a hungry vegan stuck in an airport or convention center!)
- If you were an animal what would you be?
Giraffe… tall, steady, graceful… but able to see the bigger picture
- What is one talent you wish you had (but sadly do not)?
That’s easy. I wish I could sing! Ok, I wish I could sing well… I love music and secretly would have loved to have been a rockstar.
- If you could have lunch with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
Ellen Degeneres – of all the people that are screaming about Veganism, I think she is resonating the most. And most definitiely would love to lunch with Audrey Hepburn… no explanation needed there.
- Any other things you’d like to add?
Just that I’m excited for the future of plant-based living and programming and excited to be a part of the movement! Stay tuned!
← Domestic Damsel Happy Weekend! →